Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lena's first little bed




We have arrived!!! We finally got Lena's Bed up and ready to go! Her room has been on hold since the year started and now we are able to move forward. On 5/22/10 (Saturday) her mattress came in and we put together her bed today (Sunday). So last night she slept on the mattress on the floor only because I had to wait for Micah, so yesterday was not a good day to try to put it up by myself. She was so excited, so were we!

First I will say, it is breath taking as I am watching Lena transition to her very own bed. So last night she was eagerly awaiting to get to bed. I got her ready for bed with her usual....bath, milk, brush teeth and time for prayer. Since she was always going in her crib, I would just hold her and pray over her but now I laid her down on her mattress last night, sat right beside her and got to pray for her. It was too sweet! After we prayed, I told her, "Lena, first thing in the morning you go to our room and wake us up, Okay." She replied with a nodd and gave me the look of "I got it Mommy". So it was indeed exciting to see her sleep on her bed. I left her and came back to check on her 10 minutes later to find she was still in her same position with her eyes open. I reassured her to go to sleep and that she would be fine. So I closed her door and 15 minutes later came back to check on her and she was out, curled up and sleeping peacefully.
Later on as Micah got home, I was so thrilled to show him that we went to check on her only to find her totally off her mattress, hilarious to see. She was not bothered, she was still sleeping peacefully. As Micah and I talked about it we felt it was okay for us to sleep with both our doors closed. As the day was coming to a close we finally fell asleep and at about 5:45am I woke up and realized that Lena would be waking up soon. Sure enough, I hear our door open up at about 7am and I see a little head walking to my side of the bed and was greeted with a cheery "Hi Mommy!" Ahhhh!!! It was so delightful to hear and so great to see how fast our little lena ladybug is growing. I was a proud mommy this morning to know that she did exactly what I had told her. Incredible!

Well, as the afternoon approached and we had a sleepy little one and nap time was in order, it was indeed a different story for us. It took about six times where we had to walk her back to her room and tell her to lay down and that it was time for her nap. She was getting a kick out of being able to open her door and walk in our room freely or even go to the living room. So as she finally went down for a nap so did we and sure enough, about two hours later she strolls on in to our room but goes to daddy's side and greets him. So, as excited as we are we know this will have to take some time getting use to...LOL....
Amazed and Blessed to be a Mother,
Rose Lantz

No comments:

Post a Comment